The Empathy for a Better World English Mentorship Program is an academic program serving special underserved populations in the Daegu region. We are excited to begin our Spring 2017 program, and we ask that you fill out this interest form if you are interested in participating this semester.
For this program you will be paired up as an English mentor with a student mentee. You will be required to:
1. Meet weekly with your student (meeting times arranged between you and your student)
2. Attend monthly group activities. These events normally run around 2 hours in length, but sometimes go on longer.
3. Report on a weekly and monthly basis.*
*You will need to provide a simple report after each weekly meeting on the time, duration, and content of the meeting (usually on an app called Band.) We will also need to prepare overall monthly reports at our monthly group meetings. These reports do not take much time on your part, but they are necessary for the funding we receive for the English programs.
Please keep in mind that we have a lot of junior high and high school students that can only meet on weekends.
Here is a tentative schedule of group events for this semester:
1) Feb. 26 (Sun) – New Mentor Training in the evening
2) Mar. 04 (Sat) – Mentor Orientation in the morning, followed by Mentor-Mentee Introduction/Orientation in the afternoon (downtown) – to include icebreaker activities, program information, and lunch
3) Apr. 08 (Sat) – Cultural experience
4) May 27 (Sat) – Monthly Event
5) June 24 (Sat) – Monthly Event
6) July (date TBD) – Final Project Presentation, followed by English mentor dinner and group meeting
**Dates are subject to change. We will try to communicate any changes in a timely manner.
Thank you for volunteering as an English mentor! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us!
Empathy for a Better World
Period : ~ February 25(Sat), 2017